Any family can do HypnoBirthing!
HypnoBirthing® families come from a variety of backgrounds and philosophies. They give birth in hospitals, homes,
and birthing centers. They are 1st time, 2nd time, even 10th time parents! Some exclusively use an OB/GYN while
others also hire a doula and/or a midwife.
HB Families simply want to experience a calmer, more peaceful birth.
This is accomplished first by examining the many myths, misunderstandings, fears, and emotions about birth that
reside in the subconscious. Many women and men spend the first part of their life being exposed to stories and
images that almost exclusively describe birth as dangerous, scary, and just plain awful. Similarly to how stress
affects work, school, and athletic performance, these negative perceptions are stressful and can inhibit the body's
natural birth process.
The HypnoBirthing® course clears out these negative perceptions and makes room for a confident understanding of
what birth without fear looks like, feels like, and even sounds like. Learning about the history and physiology of birth
and watching calm birth videos effectively accomplish this very necessary step in creating a calm birth experience.
HypnoBirthing® is not just a philosophy! It is also a technique. The skills taught in the HypnoBirthing® series allow
mom to contribute to her birthing experience while also deeply trusting that her birthing body and baby are capable of
accomplishing birth. Special breathing techniques work with surges to make them more effective, while preventing
exhaustion and hyperventilation. Self-hypnosis rewrites a family's beliefs about normal, natural birth and conditions
mom and birth companion to stay as relaxed as possible during labor.
This process of dehypnotizing and re-educating the family takes place over a 5 week period at the Natural Beginnings
space in Manasquan. The class series is $300 for group and $450 for private sessions.
• 12 hours of information packed class time.
• Education on why birth does not have to be painful.
• Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing Text
"HypnoBirthing-- The Mongan Method".
• 5 professionally written scripts.
• 2 CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding.
• Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences.
• A set of Birth Prompts for your birth Companion.
• Hypnosis session for building birth confidence and
• Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing.
• Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence
and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable
• Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor
and during birthing.
• Small classes for personal attention.
• Body toning exercises.
• The advantage and confidence of the Mongan Method
reputation for top-quality birthing preparation.
Complete course outline here.
Natural Beginnings NJ 75 Main Street, Suite 13, Manasquan NJ 08736 Copyright © 2012, by NBNJ. All rights reserved.